My Facebook feed says that the only thing important right now is the test group. We are Obsessed with a capital O. I’m actually good with it. A lot of people in it are sharing encouraging and funny posts and tips for food prep and workout moves. It’s good stuff.
One of the things I love about the group is that we have a chef who is making recipes for us that are healthy and tasty. One of my favorites is Chicken Pepperoni Crumbles. I found out last fall that I have an immune reaction to pork and I had to cut everything pork related out of my meals. I didn’t love pepperoni (not like I love Kalua pig and bacon) but the flavor is so good on things.
Normally, the recipe calls for browning the meat in a pan, but as a Mom, I want the easiest cleanup possible. Enter Sauté mode on the Instant Pot! I wasn’t sure it would be hot enough to cook a double batch in a timely manner but it did awesome!
Note, this is for a double batch. You can always cut it in half if you don’t want a lot (but trust me, this doesn’t last at our house!)
- 2T sweet paprika
- 2t garlic powder
- 1.5t pink Himalayan salt
- 1t ground pepper
- 1/2t ground fennel seed
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper (optional, I don’t use it)
- 2T oil of your choice, I use avocado
- 2 pounds of ground chicken
- Turn on Sauté mode on the Instant Pot
- Mix the spices together in a large bowl
- Add the ground chicken and make sure the spices are evenly mixed but don’t overhandle it.
- Add the oil when the Instant Pot is “HOT”
- Add the chicken and break up the chunks while cooking to make the crumbles.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and discard the drippings.
The chicken pepperoni crumbles are delicious on homemade pizza, wraps, salads and I eat it over spaghetti squash (see yesterday’s post) with some tomato sauce.
Let me know how you like it!!