I used to be a one book at a time, start, read, finish it, kind of person. I think it’s the organized, check off boxes, kind of personality I have. It would stress me out a bit to have too many books started at the same time. This year, since my goal is to read 100 books, I’ve started being a little more relaxed about starting multiple books and having them all going at the same time. One book at a time would slow me down and take too long to get through.
It’s super interesting to me how the different books I’m reading tied to gather. Right now I’m reading Present over Perfect by Shauna Niquist and that’s really helping me focus on my inner drive to perform versus my need for rest. I’m also reading Growing Strong Daughters by Lisa Graham McMinn, and it’s making me think about how my inner drive and perspective is affecting how I raise my own two daughters. And then I’m also doing a lot of brain training with the Dana Wilde, and that’s making me realize that I need to focus on what’s going right, and not worry about what I need to be doing more of, more action to take. Finally, we are all listening to the Anne series by LM Montgomery, and it’s such a wonderful refreshing reminder of life’s important lessons and just a wonderful nostalgia. I’m glad I’m not going one at a time through books.
I had gotten into a good rhythm of blogging when I felt I had something to share updates about. Then self-doubt hit and I was sure that there were more interesting blogs to follow and that my story isn’t exciting. Today I decided that this is my blog so it’s important to share what’s going on with me.
So here’s the update:
- I’m getting ready to certify in Core De Force in July. It’s been sort of a holding pattern in my workouts, I do something every day but didn’t have a new schedule to complete till this week when I started the new beginner program YOUv2. I have had people tell me they think it will be too easy but I am loving it. It uses my body in new ways. I’m using the All Access Netflix of fitness system to access the workouts.
- After 10ish years of OrthoK lenses, hubby talked me into prepping for lasik. It’s been 2 nights of no lenses and my vision is BAD. I’m sure there’s a life lesson in here about realizing how blind I really am and how for so long I’ve thought I had clarity. Back in my night driving glasses for a tiny bit of help.
- My 100 books in 2017 challenge is going really well. I’m at almost 40 books and have really appreciated the perspective change as I fill my mind with good and interesting things.
- We have 3 weeks left of homeschooling for the year. As I write our lesson plans each weekend it’s amazing to me to look back at all the 30+ weeks that are done. Time moves on and it’s amazing all we have covered.
- Our city garden is in as of last night and I’m looking forward to fresh tomatoes and veggies.
That’s the update for me. How’s life been for you?
Right now I’m reading _You Are a Badass_ by Jen Sincero with my challenge group. This is one of my favorite quotes so far.