You’ll probably never read this, but I wanted to say thank you. You were pushing your infant in the stroller and stopped to say hi and remarked how cute I looked. Thank you. You’re always coming up with kind amazing things to say even as you juggle working and being a new mama. It meant a lot.
It meant a lot because I had just changed into a sun dress after what I was cooking dropped and sprayed my 2nd outfit of the day. I was stressed about trying to get fish, veggies and biscuits done at the same time and onto the table hot after coming home late from dance and dawdling kids. I was feeling spread too thin and aggravated that hubby came home and played his app games instead of starting dinner the way he wanted it. I had made the mistake of asking him how I should cook the fish then got mad when it wasn’t the fast way I had scraped up to get it made. If he had started cooking I would’ve felt bad that he had to work then come home to make his own dinner.
Sometimes it’s so hard to snap out of the grumpy cycle. The dishes slam on the table, the pot covers close a bit too hard and sound like cymbals.
So thank you sweet neighbor for your kind, heartfelt compliment. It broke my self-criticism, negativity and frustration. I am grateful for you.
February is a hard month for me. I’ve always said I’m glad my birthday is in it because otherwise it would just be a struggle with nothing to look forward to. Today was a gift.
Thankful for sunshine and warmth. ☀️
Yes, I know it’s Wednesday but yesterday was my birthday and such a tasty dinner we had! We went to Jose Garces’ restaurant 24.
Asian Pear Ginger Kombucha on tap!
Wild mushroom, truffle, egg pizza
Birthday dessert. So delicious
36 in Max Studio and Lularoe.
Our server Rodney was amazing. He went over the whole menu, explained it all and offered wise advice.
- The rabbit is the best pasta. It’s wonderfully balanced and a little rich (cream foam with cherries). If you get it, enjoy it and don’t call it “bunny” or it will be harder to eat.
- Don’t over order. Get a couple things to savor and enjoy them instead of “saving room” for what’s coming.
- Eat the pasta first. The pizza is easy to take home and delicious cold.
I love these points. They’re great advice for life. Thanks Mr. Rodney. You started off my 36th year in a great way.
I decided not to blog on weekends. It’s nice to have one less social media thing to do and more time for family. Last weekend, we didn’t have Saturday soccer for the girls so hubby asked if I wanted to go up to see my grandparents. I didn’t realize it had been 4 months since we had been up to visit. I love that he thinks of these things and doesn’t mind driving 5 hours in one day so we can spend the day with family. I got a good one.
I wish I got a quarter for every time a busy mom tells me how tired she is, how she wants to feel good again, how she needs to lose the baby weight, but how she doesn’t have time. Time is so fleeting as a mom. There’s always house stuff and kids stuff and laundry and work (inside and outside of the house!)
I totally feel the time crunch. So I went on Beachbody On Demand and made a list of all the workouts around 20 minutes or less. Most kids will watch a half hour PBS show, so mom can sweat a little. I thought there would be a few but there was actually 100! So many options!!
The goal is to drink half your weight in oz of water. When it’s cold and the heat is on, the air is extra dry and can make you feel even more dehydrated. Getting it in during the winter can be challenging so here are my tips!
- Carry a water bottle around as much as possible. The weight will encourage you to drink it. I love this one.
- Go for hot water. If you’re cold, just change the tap to hot and drink it hot. It helps to have a warm inside when it’s cold outside.
- If you can’t stomach hot water, herbal (decaffienated) tea counts toward water counts. Black or green caffeinated tea counts for half the Oz.
- Soup! Broth type soups also count. Skip the creamy ones with all the extra fat but go for a steaming cup of low salt broth.
What other ways do you stay hydrated in wintertime?
If you’re like me, your phone is always within reach. Why not use it to its max to help you with your health journey?
- Team Beachbody my challenge tracker app- check in with fit friends and share your workout selfies and tips off of Facebook! Email me if you want an invite. (email@example.com)
- Beachbody On Demand– $6,500 worth of workout programs of all kinds: cardio, weights, yoga, Pilates, MMA, dance, etc. I love saving workouts to the app to use when we travel so I don’t have to use hotel gyms.
- Fitbit- I wear the flex at night to track sleep. It’s important to sleep if you want to build muscle and lose weight!
- Myfitnesspal- I love this app to track macros when eating out. It’s amazing how much sodium and carbs and fat hide in restaurant food.
- Apple Watch- I don’t LOVE the heart rate monitor (HRM) but I do love the breathe reminders and how it makes me keep moving to close the rings every day. It’s also fun to share data with friends and send fun texts when they kill their workouts.
- 21 Day Fix tracker- the Portion Fix container system is life changing and I love keeping track on my phone. The food lists are all there too so I can always figure out what I’m eating too.