If you’re like me, your phone is always within reach. Why not use it to its max to help you with your health journey?
- Team Beachbody my challenge tracker app- check in with fit friends and share your workout selfies and tips off of Facebook! Email me if you want an invite. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Beachbody On Demand– $6,500 worth of workout programs of all kinds: cardio, weights, yoga, Pilates, MMA, dance, etc. I love saving workouts to the app to use when we travel so I don’t have to use hotel gyms.
- Fitbit- I wear the flex at night to track sleep. It’s important to sleep if you want to build muscle and lose weight!
- Myfitnesspal- I love this app to track macros when eating out. It’s amazing how much sodium and carbs and fat hide in restaurant food.
- Apple Watch- I don’t LOVE the heart rate monitor (HRM) but I do love the breathe reminders and how it makes me keep moving to close the rings every day. It’s also fun to share data with friends and send fun texts when they kill their workouts.
- 21 Day Fix tracker- the Portion Fix container system is life changing and I love keeping track on my phone. The food lists are all there too so I can always figure out what I’m eating too.
Last day of this first round and I feel awesome. I actually got something close to a superman punch in!
I’ll be doing a new round starting tomorrow. I can’t beat how I feel and this amazing burn.
Why I love this program so much:
- It makes me feel like a bad a$$. Like I can protect myself and hold my own
- The 3 minute rounds are doable for me. It’s a great pace.
- This is the first program that I don’t dread at least one of the workouts. They’re longer than I used to do, but the time goes fast.
- I love Joel and his funny encouragements, but Jericho and her fierce new mama example inspires me every day for every workout
- The workouts drench me with sweat (and I hated to sweat!) and leaves me super happy, which helps me deal with family visits, homeschooling and #momlife.
- With each workout I become stronger on the outside AND the inside.
- Super excited to see how another round changes me.
First, having dinner with Joel and Jericho was amazing. They are super kind and down to earth and amazing to learn from.
They totally kicked our butts with MMA SHRED.
Day 15 was the day of prep before 2 weeks of grandparents (hence my blogging break). I’m super glad I was doing this workout while everyone was in. We live in a tiny 1100sf row house and had everyone staying with us. It was so helpful to have a program with no equipment needed and I could do it in the small space free in our bedroom. Example video below.
Then we had thanksgiving and Black Friday (aka Gilmore Girl release day!), a special 4 year old’s birthday party, her actual birthday, 2 grandparents leave and another comes in.
Tomorrow is day 30 and I’ll be super glad to be back in my basement gym. And I think I’ll be net zero in weight gain which is awesome considering all the food we have eaten out.
Bring on Christmas and a new round!
Stretching Saturday because we have Joel and Jericho coming to Philly live tomorrow!
New favorite recipe: organic cherries and cafe latte Shakeology
New workout on the schedule means new combinations to learn. Progress not perfection and so fun!
Friday night snuggles and Gilmore Girls for the win.
When I first started working out, I couldn’t do a single push-up on knees or otherwise. Yay for making progress.
Have you seen the FB video about cauliflower rice stir fry? I’ve been making it’s and it’s yummy.
This week also means I can add the coach gift workout* MMA Mashup. It was awesome. Yay!
The Little Bear was up a lot with a cold and that meant little sleep for me. Pushing play is non-negotiable and I feel so much better afterwards.