If you’re like me, your phone is always within reach. Why not use it to its max to help you with your health journey?
- Team Beachbody my challenge tracker app- check in with fit friends and share your workout selfies and tips off of Facebook! Email me if you want an invite. (email@example.com)
- Beachbody On Demand– $6,500 worth of workout programs of all kinds: cardio, weights, yoga, Pilates, MMA, dance, etc. I love saving workouts to the app to use when we travel so I don’t have to use hotel gyms.
- Fitbit- I wear the flex at night to track sleep. It’s important to sleep if you want to build muscle and lose weight!
- Myfitnesspal- I love this app to track macros when eating out. It’s amazing how much sodium and carbs and fat hide in restaurant food.
- Apple Watch- I don’t LOVE the heart rate monitor (HRM) but I do love the breathe reminders and how it makes me keep moving to close the rings every day. It’s also fun to share data with friends and send fun texts when they kill their workouts.
- 21 Day Fix tracker- the Portion Fix container system is life changing and I love keeping track on my phone. The food lists are all there too so I can always figure out what I’m eating too.
Round 2 started today. I’m glad for the new Beachbody On Demand More De Force workouts. MMA SPEED 2.0 is so fun.
I decided I’m going to focus on doing my best with workouts and will add full on nutrition in January.
So today is supposed to be day 30. Last week was our annual trip to Oahu and I did NOT stick to containers. I’ll probably add a week of country heat before the Beachbody Health Bet challenge that starts Monday.
Last week was fun and my mini-me did a lot of the dances with me.
On Friday morning, I got a call at 3:30 and another at 4:40 from my friend at work who had just done my mammogram 2 weeks ago. The backstory is that I’m 35 with a good family history of breast cancer so they did my baseline mammo early. I half expected something to show up but they said it was fine. Now the doc did a second read and could I come in Monday for additional views and maybe an ultrasound. 😳
I lasted 2 hours holding it in, then had to tell E. Thoughts like “what if this is my last trip?” and “how would I play with the girls differently if it is cancer?”ran through my head. Also thoughts like, “it’s going to be ok. Our team will take care of it, and you might get implants for your trouble!” 😂
I’m glad to report that the follow up views came back fine and I don’t have to come back for 5 years.
I wanted to hold on to that perspective though. If I did have limited time what would I do differently?
Woohoo! I have been at a plateau weight or above for the past 10 months. I have not been able to get below the number and it was frustrating because I used to be 20lbs lighter at one point of this Beachbody journey. 10 days into Country Heat and portion fix, I broke that plateau and am below that number. Yee-haw!