I have loved this second round of 80DO, but I’m super psyched for the new weights and cardio program LIIFT4!! Joel Freeman is a favorite trainer (he and Jericho McMatthews did my soulmate Core De Force) and I can’t want to start his new program.
Here’s the prep schedule I’m going to do.
Dynamic strength is long but so good. I will conquer the sphinx blasters and all the push-ups. For this round I’m focused on doing as much on my toes as possible before dropping to my knees.
Excuse the horrible tank. It’s comfy and quick.
Round 2 started today. I’m glad for the new Beachbody On Demand More De Force workouts. MMA SPEED 2.0 is so fun.
I decided I’m going to focus on doing my best with workouts and will add full on nutrition in January.
Last day of this first round and I feel awesome. I actually got something close to a superman punch in!
I’ll be doing a new round starting tomorrow. I can’t beat how I feel and this amazing burn.
Why I love this program so much:
- It makes me feel like a bad a$$. Like I can protect myself and hold my own
- The 3 minute rounds are doable for me. It’s a great pace.
- This is the first program that I don’t dread at least one of the workouts. They’re longer than I used to do, but the time goes fast.
- I love Joel and his funny encouragements, but Jericho and her fierce new mama example inspires me every day for every workout
- The workouts drench me with sweat (and I hated to sweat!) and leaves me super happy, which helps me deal with family visits, homeschooling and #momlife.
- With each workout I become stronger on the outside AND the inside.
- Super excited to see how another round changes me.
First, having dinner with Joel and Jericho was amazing. They are super kind and down to earth and amazing to learn from.
They totally kicked our butts with MMA SHRED.
Day 15 was the day of prep before 2 weeks of grandparents (hence my blogging break). I’m super glad I was doing this workout while everyone was in. We live in a tiny 1100sf row house and had everyone staying with us. It was so helpful to have a program with no equipment needed and I could do it in the small space free in our bedroom. Example video below.
Then we had thanksgiving and Black Friday (aka Gilmore Girl release day!), a special 4 year old’s birthday party, her actual birthday, 2 grandparents leave and another comes in.
Tomorrow is day 30 and I’ll be super glad to be back in my basement gym. And I think I’ll be net zero in weight gain which is awesome considering all the food we have eaten out.
Bring on Christmas and a new round!
Stretching Saturday because we have Joel and Jericho coming to Philly live tomorrow!
New favorite recipe: organic cherries and cafe latte Shakeology
New workout on the schedule means new combinations to learn. Progress not perfection and so fun!
Friday night snuggles and Gilmore Girls for the win.